Thursday, February 2

License to have babies

I read about this story few days ago and I just couldn't believe it. This baby was born premature and was kept in the hospital until she was healthy. When she was finally released the mother took her home, put her in a plastic bag, drove to the river and dropped her in. Luckily, she was rescued and is doing fine now. You can read the whole story here.

Why would anyone do such a thing? There is no reason for it. I feel sad when I think of all those couples who want a baby so badly, but are having trouble conceiving. And here is a mother who was able to give birth to this baby and just throws her in the river!?

Sometimes I think you should have a license to have babies. Really. There should be some interview process that checks your mental health. If you pass only then you can have babies.

No comments: