Thursday, July 10

wisdom teeth removed


Well…there they are…my wisdom teeth! I know I said my appointment was for Saturday, but day before I got an unexpected call from the dentist office asking if I wanted to pre-pone my appointment. So I went for it. So, how did it go….great! I mean great as a teeth pulling can go. The doctor was not my normal dentist, but he was good. He was able to get both out in half an hour. I think I got lucky cause neither of my teeth shipped or crumbled (as you can see from the photo). Also, they both came out pretty easy and he didn’t need to cut my gums or anything. Worst part was hearing the teeth crack as he was pulling them out. He showed me each tooth as he pulled them out. At the end of it all he asked if I wanted to take them home. I obviously did.

Before I left the office he put a big gauge in my mouth and prescribed some meds. I went to CVS straight from there and people were definitely giving me looks cause the gauge was so big that it made it look like the side of my mouth was swollen. I was feeling fine until the numbness started to wear off…that is when I started feeling the pain. I took a pain killer and was good for the rest of the day and night. Only bad part was I had a constant taste of blood in my mouth. Infact at night I had to get up twice to rinse my mouth cause it was filling with blood. That was gross, but as of this morning it’s all good. No pain, no blood.

It went so great I’m thinking of getting the other 2 removed too. The doctor said it’s a preventive measure which is better to get done while I was still young (yes, he actually called me young). My next appointment for a cleaning is in November…will think about it then.

7 comments:

Nisha said...

Yay! I'm glad it went ok and was not too traumatic. I have to remember not to check your blog while I'm eating lunch though... ew.

Just kidding. :)

deepa said...

Yeh, I should have had a warning on this post...especially for pregnant women ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! Glad it went so well!

Desert Fox said...

I'm dying to see the picture of you with the gauge in your mouth.
Come on please, why those people at CVS get to see it and not us?????
But glad it was not painful. I still remember my childhood dental visits!!!!!

Tulan said...

you need to take that nasty pic of the blog ....

Anonymous said...

I had 3 wisdom teeth (for some reason I wasn't born with a 4th) pulled out a couple years back. They put me under for the procedure, and when I woke up I was back home. it was really really weird. Took about 2 weeks to feel like I could chew normally again ;-).

Kris said...

uuuhhhh thats the scary picture. I also need to remove my wisdom teeths and I am having 2nd thoughts :(