Tuesday, July 22

Diya's 1st Birthday!

Diya is officially one year old! I totally can’t believe it. The other day we were thinking about what we were going through exactly 1 year back…how on our way to the hospital we were convinced it would be a false alarm and would return home empty handed. How shocked we were when the nurse checked me and announced I was almost 6cm already and she assured us we were not going home without a baby. Then the first time we saw Diya…it was sooo amazing. She was so tiny and helpless….so precious. I had tears of joy. Here we are a year later. She looks nothing like she did when she was born. She is no longer tiny…she is no longer as helpless… but she’s definitely still our precious baby.

We had a big birthday party for her past weekend. She did really well. She was playing with anyone that would take her. Even after everyone left she still wanted to play.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with all the preparations and to all that attended and thanks for all the wonderful presents too. It was definitely a memorable time and it was nice to see everyone. Below are the pictures from the party.





In other news…Diya went back to daycare yesterday after a 4-month break. We are sending her for half days this week so she can get used to it. She did ok yesterday. She had trouble with food. She didn’t eat too much. I want to try to give her more table foods. She doesn’t have her chewing teeth yet…so I’m not sure what kinds of foods to give her that she won’t chock on. We give her some green peas…small pieces of fruits…cheerios…but what else can I give her? If anyone has ideas please let me know. Keep in mind that we are trying to stay away from offering her non-veg at this time. I know it was only the first day and she was probably too distracted to eat. Teachers had warned me that this week will be an adjustment period for her and she’ll probably do better as time goes on. Good thing was that she was able to take a nap which I was concerned about.


So the reason Diya is back in daycare is because(as some may already know) the inlaws are leaving. In fact mummy and daddy already left yesterday and Neha will be leaving tomorrow. It’s a bitter-sweet feeling. Bitter cause we are gonna miss them. It was nice having them around and that Diya was so well taken care of. But at the same time it will be nice to be just the three of us again and things to be less hectic. I know they totally enjoyed being with Diya and were very happy to have gotten this time to spend with us and so were we.

2 comments:

Kris said...

awww... Diya looks so cute and adorable in her chaniya choli...I hope she will do great at day care

Nisha said...

Happy Birthday! We had so much fun at the party. You can send any leftover cake and food to my house, it was SO GOOD. Hope to see you again soon, be sure to set aside some time to visit CT in a couple months!