Monday, July 7

annoying screaming baby

Diya’s birthday is July 20 which is less than 2 weeks away. Mummy and daddy are going back to India on July 21st and Neha on 23rd. So between getting ready for Diya’s birthday party and doing some last minute shopping before the in-laws leave we have been super-duper busy. In the mist of it all mummy got very ill the day before and Neha has a continued bad cough which Diya seems to also have. I just hope everyone gets better by the 19th.

Diya continues to get naughtier as the weeks go on. She can scream like nobody’s business now. She screams when anyone tells her ‘no’ or takes away a toy or leaves her alone….basically anything she doesn’t like. We have officially become that couple with that annoying, screaming baby. I always thought when we reached this stage we would get really embarrassed, but honestly we don’t really care as much as maybe we should. I mean we don’t just let Diya scream...we try to distract her the best we can, but if she screams again…oh well…we just deal with it. We haven’t reached the point yet where we won’t go out cause of her screaming. Of course we tend to go to places where it’s already a little noisy hoping no one will really notice (or care).

As Diya gets older a new behavior is starting to emerge. She seems to ‘attract’ older kids when we are out. We’ve mostly noticed it with girls in the age range of about 5-8 years old. They seem to be fascinated with her. They come and kinda jus hang around Diya. For example when we go to the park there is a little girl who will swing next to Diya’s swing then follow us when we go on the slide and will continue to follow us and just stare at Diya…at one point I sat down with Diya in my lap and the little girl just sat down right next to me. She didn’t say anything…she just kept looking at Diya. Another time we went out to dinner and Diya was in a high chair and these 2 little girls just came over and started playing with her. And yesterday, we were at the outlet mall and Diya starting fussing in her stroller and a little girl out of nowhere came over and gave her a balloon to play with and was dancing in front of her to make her stop crying. Of course Diya absolutely loves all this kind of attention. Dunno what it is, but I’m not complaining since it keeps Diya quiet :-).

Last thing…on a totally different subject...I wanted to update everyone that this coming Saturday at 4:30pm is my appointment for the wisdom teeth removal. For those that have gotten this done before I had a question and it may sound silly so I warn you...Will I be able to drive myself after the whole thing is over or should I have someone come with me? Also, is there any 'prep work' I should do...like not eat or brush my teeth before I go? I'll be calling the dentist to ask also, but never hurt to get more than one opinion. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

3 comments:

Nisha said...

Good luck with all the preparations! It's going to be very strange for you once your in-laws leave... especially Neha. Maybe Diya will scream less if there's less people to scream at??? Here's hoping!

My mom gave me a ride to and from the dentist's office when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I think it would be wise to do the same. It takes a few hours to be completely "with it" again after general anesthesia. If you're going with local anesthesia, then it might be a different story. Can't remember the brushing teeth or eating rules so definitely ask your dentist. Good luck!!!

deepa said...

I called my dentist. They are not going to give me general anesthesia just local so I'll be awake the whole time. So, I think I should be okay to drive myself. I've had local before so I'm little releived since I know what that is like. She said to eat something before coming cause it might be uncomfortable afterwards since I'll be numb. Whole thing will take about 2 hours. I'm feeling a lot less nervous now.

Tanvi said...

for food, I'd stock up on smoothies and such.. I think in couple days you should be able to eat dal-bhat.