Thursday, March 27

poor baby...

Yesterday I got home from work and Diya was playing in her bouncy chair. She was her usual self...good mood and happy to see me. I picked her up and in few minutes I felt some wetness near her diaper. She had pooped and leaked through her diaper. Four or five months ago this wouldn't have alarmed me, but yesterday it did. I soon learned that all day she had been pooping more than usual and having very loose bowel movements. Poor thing has diarrhea.

I called the doctor and she said as long as she doesn't have fever and isn't vomitting no need to worry. Her guess is that it is probably a viral infection due to her cold and cough. I find this little hard to believe because she's had this cold and cough on and off for a month and she didn't get diarrhea before...so why all of the sudden? I was expecting her to say it was cause of her teething. She has at least one new tooth coming in and her gums have gotten sooo swollen. The inside of her mouth looks so different from just a month ago. Food poisoning was another thought. She puts everything in her mouth so she might have just picked up a dirty toy or something.

Whatever the cause doctor said give her fruits and no fruits that start with 'p' like pears, peaches or prunes. She suggested bananas, apples, and sweet potatoes for veggies. Luckily Diya likes these a lot. But there must be something else we can give her. Anyone has any ideas please let me know even if the remedy isn't specifically for babies.

Knock on wood that this hasn't caused her to be extra cranky or fussy. She's just her usual happy self. Hopefully she will get over this fast.

1 comment:

Shreya said...

Hope she gets better soon. Did you get my email?
Give Diya a big hug for me!!!! =D