A pattu pavadai with a Cinderella story...I found this amazing. Let me explain. Premal’s family is guju, but I consider them South Indian because they live in Chennai (which is located in southern India) and they are very much into the culture there. So naturally one of the dresses that Neha(Premal’s sister) got for Diya is a very traditional south Indian dress called ‘pattu pavadai’. In this picture Diya is modeling this dress. Basically, it is a very rich colored, two-piece dress that has a contrasting thick border. Looks almost like a choli, but there is no dupata. Now, look closely at the orange border in Diya’s pavadai. Can you read what it says…can you see the ‘ABCs’? Might be hard to see in the picture. I dunno why, but I think this concept is really cool. Apparently, they make ones that instead of the ABCs they have the story of Cinderella printed. Isn’t that amazing? Apparently, this is the hottest new craze going on right now. I can understand why. 
Neha also got shoes that squeak(I didn’t take a picture of them). They look like regular sneakers and when we push the soles they squeak. I enjoy them more then Diya does. Sometimes when she’s in the car seat and pushes against the back seat and they squeak. I don’t think she realizes where the sound is coming from, but it gets her attention. When I squeeze them on purpose and she loves it.
Why don’t they make something like that here in the US. Maybe they already do, but I have never seen them. I’ve seen shoes that light up and that is cool too. The squeaking doesn’t require any electrical wiring so you’d think they are safer and more popular plus you’d be able to keep track of where your kids are running off to. I guess the noise could get annoying for some.
There are lot more things that Neha got for Diya that I liked very much like hair pins, bangles, bindis, sandals, regular dresses, soft cotton summer clothes…but the pavadai and the squeaky shoes were my favorite.
1 comment:
They do make squeaky shoes in the US. Shrina used to have sandals like that. She used to wear them to the pool and you could hear her from a good distance. God they were so loud.
Post a Comment