Sunday, May 3

back home safe and sound

After almost a 2 hr delay Premal and Diya arrived safe and sound back to the US. My biggest gift was when Diya called me 'mummy' and reassured me that she didn't forget me. I know lot of people didn't know that Diya was going with Premal to India. I didn't mention it anywhere because it was a surprise for my in-laws. It was well worth it too. They were so surprised and made the whole idea totally worth it.

Diya loved India. I knew she would. She loved no seatbelts in the car, open air, balconies, no high chair, constant food, the weather, the kids next door and being totally spoiled. She or Premal didn't get sick at all. I was very concerned about that.

She hasn't been gone long, but I feel like she looks different and acts little different too. I think she may have lost a few pounds due to heat mostly. She seems as active as ever. She has gotten pretty good at drinking out of a cup. She's learned a lot of new words including some in Tamil that mummy taught her. I can tell she is missing everyone from there. When she sees photos of daddy or mummy she waves and says 'hi dada or hi dadi'. Its really cute.

The wedding seems to have gone over well. I can't believe its over and I missed it. I can't believe Neha is now a married woman. I see the photos and really feel sad that I couldn't go and be part of this important occasion. But, I'm glad at least Premal and Diya got to go.

Below are general photos of the India trip and the professional photos of the reception. The reception was given from the Shah family. Enjoy!


April 2009 India Trip

Neha Reception

3 comments:

Tulan said...

diya is strong baby and glad she loved india and had a chance to go while she was so young proves that it is a good place and now she wont get sick when she goes there again

Nisha said...

Great pics! Glad everyone is back and that they had a good time.

Soni said...

Wedding pictures are awesome. Please tell Neha she looks very very beautiful in all in the pictures. Looks like Diya had a lot of fun in India.
Eating Gathiya at 2am & sleeping on the zula r the two most funniest pics!! She is soo cute in the pink outfit.