Early this morning I exercised my right as a citizen and voted in the Gubernatorial Elections. Every election I’m always surprised at how they don’t check ID at town hall. Anyone could have gone in as me and voted on my behalf. All they have to know is my home address and my full name. Those were the only 2 things I was asked for. No one checked any ID. I actually didn’t remember my street name. I was rushing and reading everything when a cop out of no where asked what street I live on and I just went blank. I remembered after few seconds, but even this little incident didn’t concern him. He just let me walk in. I have only been voting since I moved to Millis so I’m not sure how other towns are, but if they are the same it is a little disturbing.
Anyway, I’m glad that all the ads will at least stop after today.
Anyway, I’m glad that all the ads will at least stop after today.
2 comments:
Good job.
ID check at the polls is going to be big thing in few years.
Its just some southern states that oppose the ID check.
But look on the bright side: I'm not a citizen and if I want I can also vote.
You have to register first. They have a list of Streets and Names. I guess you could go in and vote in place of someone who's already registered as long as they haven't voted yet.
Post a Comment