Monday, November 13

Dreaming

I have dreams all the time. When I was little I could actually control them. It was pretty cool. I would be in a dream then somehow I remember that I'm dreaming. (That was the hardest part....realizing that it was a dream.) But once I did I could change the people, the location, the events....almost anything. As I grew up it got harder to do this or maybe I just didn't try as hard. The dreams have also become more serious. I still have a little control. If I am having a nightmare and I'm at the worst part of it (like I'm just about to be captured or killed or about to fall) I realize its not real and I can actually wake myself out of sleep. There is actually a term for this its called Lucid Dreaming.

Last night I had 2 disturbing dreams. In the first, I had just about fallen asleep and I realize I can't speak, move or do anything. I try really hard to scream for help, but nothing. Then I try moving around really fast, at first nothing happens and I try harder...then poof!...I jump and I'm awake. I guess my mind thought I was awake, but my body had fallen asleep and they couldn't work together. In the second dream I was at a really dark and dirty doctor's office. I'm helping the doctor with his patients. All the patients are injured kids. They all have something different wrong with them. One's face is infected with some bacteria then one little baby is walking around like he's drunk and then he falls. The doctor says something about how this is the worst side to be on.

Many people think
dreams have meaning. If you understand the meaning it helps you work out problems in real life. The objects, sounds and colors mean something deeper. Many believe you can even cure fears by dreams. I believe that they tell you what your subconscious is thinking. If you can remember more dreams and try to make sense of them you can really see what is really going on in your head.

9 comments:

Desert Fox said...

Most of the time I cannot remember Dream.
But if I remember they are related to something that I did during the day, like a replay with what I wanted to do or I fear what would have happened in the worst situtation.
Dreams are interesting but purpose of dreams is not that know to us.

deepa said...

Yeh, the purpose of dreams is a big topic. Many theories for that. But most don't make sense. There is one that thinks dreams are a spiritual thing. It is a message from God or something. But, that theory doesn't make sense. In the case of Premal and DF who usually don't remember dreams...how does that theory fit them? Do get no messages from God?

Anonymous said...

I don't usually remember my dreams. Could be that I didn't dream. Sometimes I will wake up with a feeling that something happened and I want to get back to it and try to go back to sleep, but I can almost never get it back.

Desert Fox said...

Dreams are for for people living in unreal world. I live in teh real world.
Anyway, Somethime I remember my dreams; Couple of days ago I had a dream: I was sleeping by the rocky edge of the ocean. A huge tide came and as I was sleeping I was pulled in the deep water. I tried to swim but could not. Soon I saw a hand and that hand pulled to back on the rocks outside the water.
Now next day I started to thinking Why I had that kind of stupid dream, becuase I have good swimming skills.
Can anyone tell me what the happened in that dream? BTW, I kind a have Understanding of what happen, but .....

deepa said...

Just because you couldn't swim in your dream does not have anything to do with your ability to swim in real life. Everything in your dreams are a symbol.

I think your dream means that you can't always rely on yourself for everything. Sometimes you need help from others. Something must have happened around the time you had that dream where you though you could do it yourself, but turned out that you needed help from someone.

Desert Fox said...

The only time I need a major help is writing term papers. Just kidding.....
Than what was the reason of ocean, rocks on the shore line, sleeping, etc....?
I know you cannot answer this question just by my dream you need background on what happen before my dream. However, is everything in my dreams important.

Tulan said...

Disha - u r right sometimes i am awake before a dream is over and i try to go to sleep thinking about it hoping it comes and back and continue.

DF - That hand pulling u out of the sea was definetely me. I had a dream of pulling someone from the sea and i did not see the person . so it was me ;-)

I get the weirdst of dreams and nightmare . nothing to relate to what i did or i met. just so freaking weird.

I get mostly nightmares though. sometime enough to wake me up. but nothing major.

Sometime i feel in real situation that i felt these situation before. those situations happen a lot does that mean i can see the future or what seriously

Anonymous said...

I used to have the same dream over and over again. I didn't have it every night or anything, but definitely had the same dream more than once. It used to start off nice, but then it got scary. I don't remember the details though.

Anonymous said...

hey looks like i visited your site this is soo cool!