Friday, November 3

Plantmania

The other day I was walking into the office building and saw all the plants that are usually in our lobby in an area next to the dumpster. There were about 20-30 of them and most were about 4 feet tall. They were all healthy, really good looking plants. I asked the maintenance guy what was up with those plants. Get this…all those plants were being thrown away! Perfectly fine plants being thrown away…why?...well apparently our building has a contract with a ‘plant company’ that maintains all the plants in the building. Our building’s coordinator didn’t like the plants from them so she fired them and hired a new company. Therefore, all the old plants had to go. So, naturally, being the desi that I am, I grabbed not one, not 2, but 3 plants! I told my colleagues and they all took one. Some took them home and others kept them in their office. Even people who don’t know how to take care of plants or already have too many plants took one. Next day that area was empty…none of the plants had to be thrown…they were all taken by people.

So I learned 2 things from all this:

1) There are such things are ‘plant companies’.

2) All people are desi’s at heart when it comes to getting free stuff :)

2 comments:

Sukesh said...

I am desi too. My company was throwing/and still throwing away cabinets and stuff that runs around 300 - 400 smackarous and guess what, I picked ffew of them up. nothing wrong with them. they all look brand new.

What a waste.

Desert Fox said...

All people will become desi when they are in contact with desi.