Thursday, July 16

Ami 2 months

Ami turned 2 months little over a week ago and today she had her 2 month checkup. She is doing great. She is 50th percentile for her weight. I was happily surprised to find this out since I thought she would be less due to the set back during her surgery. Diya was only 4 oz heavier than what Ami is now. Ami is 85th percentile for her height and 90th percentile for her head. I know...big head. Diya also had and still has a big head...I guess its the genes.

I discussed the swing issue with the pediatrician today. I was hoping she would give me some brilliant, magical idea that I hadn't thought of, but that wasn't the case. She gave some ideas such as trying to put Ami down for her naps when she is half awake and half asleep. Also, to try having some white noise in the back ground and to keep her inclined and position her so that her side is touching the crib. I will be trying all this, but I don't have high hopes about it. She also said that sleep training like letting her cry it out is not really recommended at this age. We can do that after 4 months (like we did with Diya, although her problem was different in that she kept waking up in the night). So, if nothing else we will have to keep dealing with this 'till then or 'till she reaches the weight limit on the swing.

Now for some 'fun'. So, I was looking at some old photos of Diya (basically to see what she wore at 2 months so I know what to put on Ami). Then I started comparing the girls. People have been telling us that they look so much alike, but I don't see it at all. So below I have a pic of both of them. Can you tell which is Ami and which is Diya?

5 comments:

Tanvi said...

Hmm.. I haven't seen Ami yet, but based on Diya's smile, I'm guessing that the one in the top picture is Ami and the one in the bottom picture is Diya..

Nisha said...

Bottom photo is Diya!

I'm glad Ami had a good 2 month appointment. Jay was a "swing man" too. So I don't have any magical ideas either.

Biren said...

Second photo is Diya!

I feel yer pain with the swing. Kath only slept in her swing too... We didn't really worry about it, and let her sleep that way, for our own sanity's sake hahaha! She eventually just grew out of it, I think. We just started putting her in her crib at some point, and she slept... So she might just need to grow out of it.. I don't know.. probably not what you wanted to hear :)

Oh, and the white noise thing works wonders. We used that all the time when the girls were little. Our Pack N Play came with this noise maker, and one of the noises it made was this white noise-like thing (in addition to music, which we rarely used). We were constantly using that thing whenever we were putting the girls down to sleep/nap.

Kris said...

2n photo is Diya! wow Ami is already 2 months .. & Diya will turn 2 within few days. Time flys!!

Soni said...

hey I know the top pic is of Ami and second one is Diya. Who said they looks similar??