Thursday, October 16

getting better

So the bad news first...Diya has a double ear infection AGAIN! We have decided tubes is the way to go now. We were resisting it, but its for the best. Her last ear infection was less than month ago and winter hasn't even started yet. Seems like she gets them very easily. Luckily, the antibiotics are still having an affect. But the docs say it can cause hearing damage. That was enough for us to finalize getting tubes for her. We have an appointment for Nov5th at Children's Hospital for a preliminary exam and I'm guessing they'll put them in soon after. Panic mode has not set yet, but I'm sure it will once Nov 5th comes around. I know its a common procedure and many children (even younger than Diya) get it done it still scares me. It's mostly the thought of Diya put under general anesthesia that I'm afraid of. It sucks that the only reason they have to do that is to keep her still. Knowing Diya that really is the only way to keep her still.

Ok, lets turn to some slightly good news. Looks like she is mostly recovered. She has no fever and even had a good night of sleep yesterday. She 's pretty good like that...rough and tough.

Here are some random pics taken couple weeks ago.

Helping unload the dishwasher.


Ready for daycare.


2 comments:

Nisha said...

I've read that this is a very common procedure and I'm sure Diya will do great and it will go quickly and smoothly and provide much relief to her. You guys are all in our thoughts.

Tulan said...

she will be fine . dont worry. by the way she looks really cute in her school outfit.