Saturday, we went shopping with the family. We got Diya a new front-facing car seat. They say to make the switch after baby is one year old AND is at least 20lbs. Diya is already 20lbs and her birthday is not too far off so we decided to get it now. Plus, the one Premal liked was on sale, plus there was a coupon, plus we got a free umbrella stroller with the purchase so as you can imagine it worked out well. Not only was it a good purchase, but Diya enjoys being in the umbrella stroller much more than her regular one.
Sunday, we went to Hopkington State Park and had a mini picnic. We took the new umbrella stroller which was very useful and it took up a lot less trunk space. Since my in-laws are here we always take the Pilot and use the optional 3rd row to fit all 5 of us and Diya’s car seat…so trunk space is always an issue. Diya did really well at the picnic. She ate all her meals and even took a nice long nap(as you can see from this photo which also shows her umbrella stroller). Only thing she was not happy about was the water. Dunno if she was getting scared or if the water was feeling cold. Unfortunately, I didn’t take my camera when we went over to the beach area. (Waiting for Deesh’s photos.) But just picture her in a cute little bathing suit :)…yes, I finally got 1…well actually I got 2 :-P I realized that Diya really needed a hat and shoes at the picnic. I used Deesh and Vishwa’s hat which was still a little big, but did the trick.
Monday, was another shopping day. We went to the Natick area. Old Navy was a big hit with Neha. She has always loved that brand and she found bunch of stuff on sale so she was very happy. We also went to couple of other places and I found not 1 but 2 hats for Diya and not 1 but 2 pairs of shoes for her …so I was very happy. We all returned home happy. It didn’t last long though since I soon the realized that the next day I was the only one who had to wake up early and go to work. Premal is taking this week off since he has accumulated so much vacation time.
3 comments:
Diya looks very cute in her picnic outfit. Great! she is so daee that she ate her food and took a nap -- otherwise picnic is no fun with tired and cranky baby.
Yahoooo.. Diya gets to seat in front facing car seat :) Now she can see more things... I think that helps with long trips
oh.. and waiting for more pics :)
Mama and Mami can't get enough of Diya's pics :)
We haven't put her in the front facing seat yet...we will after her first bday, but we have the seat ready :)
Post a Comment