Sunday, January 6

Xmas, Anniversary, New Years, Birthday

Our parade of special occasions are now over. Instead of writing a post for each one I've included it all in this big post with respective pictures.

For the Xmas holidays Diya and I stayed at my parents and Premal joined us on his days off. I'm not sure who enjoyed this time more...Premal and I, my parents, my sister or Diya. Premal and I loved getting the extra sleep. My mom loved having Diya all to herself in the mornings while rest of the family slept. Dad loved how easily Diya would smile at him just by hearing his voice. Deesh loved everything about Diya except her dirty diapers.

December 29th was our 5th anniversary. It was nice. We were still at our parents and they took care of Diya while Premal and I enjoyed an quite evening out. It was only the second time(1st being the night before when we went to Premal's work holiday party) that we left Diya. We ended up talking about her the whole time.

New Years we spent with the samaj gang. Diya behaved well and Premal got to play his precious teri(card game) after a long time so it went pretty well.

Jan 4th I turned 29 for the first time(I like how I say that). It was a freezing day and we just spent it indoors and got take out. Next day bunch of the Umass gang came over and it was a lot of fun. Neha and Diya got to known each other and they spoke to each other in baby language. Gautam gave us some really great entertainment and a good glimpse to out our future holds with Diya. Guess the only bad part was the cars slipping on our driveway when people were trying to leave.
Well, the busiest and most fun time of the year is over. I think January and February are the most boring cause we get so lazy about going out due to the cold. Now that Diya is in the picture it'll be worse. It's bad enough having to bundle up ourselves. Bundling her up and taking her diaper bag and stroller is so not worth it sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

January is not boring! Our birthdays are in it.

Tulan said...

yeah my anniversary is on jan too so is pats winning afc championship and so is the snow