
I started Diya on solids(rice cereal) last week. First 3 days were tough. She kept trying to suck on the spoon and didn't understand why I kept taking it away from her. Of course I was refilling the spoon, but she didn't get that concept at all. I started her off with what the box recommended for first feeding portion which is almost nothing to a normal adult. Still it took me forever to feed her all of it. By day 4 we both were getting better at it. I started pushing the spoon in even if her mouth was not open and she started to realize that there can be food in her month without having something on her lips. Its been over a week now and we are both pros. She even opens up her mouth when she sees the spoon approaching. I give her rice twice a day now and it takes less then 5 mins each time. Only thing that sometimes gets in the way are her hands...she has to put them both in her mouth after I put a spoonful in....and that gets messy. I'm gonna need a lot of bibs. I keep forgetting to take a picture of her while feeding her...I'll post it when I do. It's a site to see.
Her bouncy seat is no longer a place I can leave her in even for a minute. The other day I put her in and gave her a toy and went to the bathroom. All of the sudden I hear her coughing. I run out and she is about to fall out cause she is leaning over the side and trying to reach her toy that fell on the floor. I got there just in time.
Looks like she isn't too far from learning to sit. She still needs support, but would rather 'sit' then lay down.
She learns new stuff all the time. We have to turn on the webcam every time we call the in-laws now. Its funny, last time Neha got toys and was waving them for Diya to see. Daddy, mummy were both making silly sounds to get her attention, but she was not having any of it. They really want to see her...wish they were here. Meanwhile the other grandparents are enjoying her. Looks like she really likes her nana the best...although her masi is trying very hard to make her love her more.
Its just amazing how she has to learn the most simplest things in life.
2 comments:
sounds like she is learning quite a lot. Fun aint it. Well no time she will crawling around sweeping the floor with her clothes
Diya does love me, she just forgets when she sees her nana.
Post a Comment